Wednesday 18 August 2010

One hundred percent handmade

I am so chuffed because yesterday I tried making these roses (or whatever) by myself after watching You Tube tutorials and other bloggers. 

The big voilet flower was die cut from Sizzix and the small flowers were made with Carla craft punch. The lilac distressed effect was done while playing with paints with my two and a half year old daughter. The pinkish mauve paper at the bottom is handmade paper that I bought at a handicraft exhibition in India.
This picture is a close up of the flowers... sorry there is shadow on the picture.  My love affair with scrunchie flowers continues...

13 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Monica. Your flowers are just so pretty and I like the colours and the 3D effect of the card. Beautiful. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Abounding Treasures said...

Oh Monica ~ Those hand created scrunchie flowers are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Such a beautiful card :o)

Do What You Love said...

Hi there Monica - flowers, I just love seeing flowers. You really did a wonderful job in creating these beauties - I'm still learning myself! I love the handmade paper too! Your card is really quite lovely - it would be so hard for me to give it away with those beautiful flowers! :-)

Jennifer said...

Really stunning Monica! Your flowers are gorgeous xx Jenny xx

Amanda said...

Well done!! Your flowers are just gorgeous!

Loraine Arderne said...

Well done Monica - those flowers are fab!

Unknown said...

Monica, these are gorgeous, its such fun making them isn't it???

Ginny said...

how clever, thanks for joining us at FnF

Tracy K said...

Wow, clever you, they're wonderful :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey Monica the flowers are so pretty and trust me you are one talented girl!

Michelle said...

Well done on your flowers they look fantastic!!

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the colours on this card and your flowers are lovely.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your hand made flowers! Great job and such pretty colors.

Stephanie