Saturday 17 August 2013

Sweet baby card

Hello sweet blog buddies,

Here is a card that Aleeza asked me to make with the new embellies (the bib, the baby sentiment and the tiny yellow flower) I bought last week. She even guided me through with the design except that I placed the flower the way I wanted it. She seemed pleased with the result and so did I. The green scalloped nesties have been die cut out of paper that was spritzed with water and then crumpled before putting a layer of pearly acrylic paint on it. Zeenya and I did this many years ago (like seven to be precise) and we had lots of fun doing it. The lace is from my stash and the leaves have been punched from the same paper as the nesties.


I will enter this card in the following:

See you later as am off to catch a movie now which is a pure luxury here as we don't get good Hollywood cinema here.

Love,

Monica 

12 comments:

Merry said...

What a great design you two are. Sweet card.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Monica, I like the little bib, the flower and the lace.
Kevin xx

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, wonderful team effort, Monica! I like the crumpled look in the two scallop circles - they look like "baby bibs" - such pretty colors and a lovely card. hugs, de

Kirsti said...

Oi, niin söpö<3

jimlynn said...

Adorable!!! I love the way that crinkled paper looks and the great design!
Aleeza is turning into a fabulous designer!!!
Lynn

Cathy P said...

What a great card, Monica! Love the colors and the design. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Sister Act Challenge blog.
Cathy

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous Monica, love these embellishments. Cathy x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a pretty baby card, love the paper you created for the die cutting. The touch of lace is so delicate.

Angela said...

Hello Monica, this is a precious baby card! So sweet in every way. Thank you for the heads up about CAS Sunday.

Dawn said...

A gorgeous CAS baby card!
Thanks so much for joining the challenge at The Crating Cafe this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Michelle B. said...

So sweet! I love the colors and your embellies are fab! So glad you joined us for "A Baby is Born" Challenge at The Crafting Cafe!

perfectly4med said...

Love the simplicity of the card - so effective!

Thanks for joining us at The Crafting Cafe and good luck!

Neil