Monday 21 October 2013

Blue is the colour...

Hello sweet peeps,
We were away for the weekend to a breathtakingly beautiful island near Bali called Lombok. It was just so therapeutic to see just the sea and water. It is fairly untouched compared to Bali and that made it even more enjoyable. We stayed in a resort that had all natural decor and that made it even more befitting. 
Now to my card - this is another Diwali card for an order. The lady ordered seven cards but has increased them to 20!!! I bought these Anne Griffin papers from the scrap booking store last week and have added some silvery dots on the paper and a sequined paisley which seems slightly mismatched in the picture. In real life how ever it looks quite nice.


 Down below is a picture of the ocean that I clicked from the car on the way back to the airport.

Another shot of the mountains and the sea from the car...

I will enter my card in the following challenges:

Wish you a happy Monday,
Monica 

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, love the vividness of the blue and the exquisite pattern. A very pretty card Monica! Enjoyed the photos you shared as well. :)

Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday!

jimlynn said...

WHOA!!!! That blue just POPS!!! Blue is my favorite color so my heart is beating over this card! So beautiful!!! You're going to be super busy with creating all your cards now! Fantastic news!
Your trip.....ah, wish I'd been with you. It sounds so lovely and looks like it too! Glad y'all were able to get away for a few days.
Lynn

loz said...

Stunning card Monica and beautiful photos. I saw these on MIM..Loz

Viv said...

Pretty card Monica... and amazing pics. x

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Monica, colour and sparkles are great! Spotted it on MIM xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Monica, I love everything about it!!!
Kevin xx

Kirsti said...

Kaunis kortti ja kuvat ♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica-Sounds like you have had a lovely break aay-the photographs look fab-as does your card! Love that blue.Well done on getting so mmany card orders too :)
Hugs,Nessa xx

Monika Reeck said...

very lovely Photograph dear Monica..how are you...are you go back to USA? Are you leaving Jakarta now.

Hey I love your blue card it looks amazing all in blue and in the middle is a great vocal point..lovely creation Monica...

I see your card on Make It Monday. I wish you like to see my card on my blog, my card is #15 and I would be glad if you could leave me some love :) hugs, Monika

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Monica! Thank you for sharing the pretty scenic photos. How beautiful that part of the world is. Monica, your Diwali card is gorgeous! I love Anna Griffin stamps and papers - they are always beautiful and never disappoint. This card looks especially stunning, and I like your sequin ornament in the middle. hugs, de

Gail said...

This is a very stunning card, yet no stamping. Amazing....the paper is perfect and love the sequin in the center. I saw your post on Make It Monday. Good luck in the challenge! --Gail

Peanut said...

Simply stunning, Monica! Love that blue - gorgeous!!! Caught my eye on MIM.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Merry said...

This card is stunning and your photos are terrific. Looks like a lovely spot...the seas are so calm.

Skye said...

Wow a stunning card. I love the blue colour and the gorgeous sequined centre. Wonderfully eye catching.
Your trip to Lombok sounded idyllic. Lovely photos.

Pat K said...

Stunning card. Love the blue. I really enjoyed your pictures as well. TFS. Visiting from MIM. Pat K x

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous Monica, love the blues and the sparkle! Your photos look great too, what a lovely spot! Glad you had a nice break :) Cathy x