Wednesday 30 October 2013

Is this scary enough for Halloween - not!!!

Hello kind bloggers,

I have some more good news to share - a close friend has asked me to make 30 Christmas cards for her. As I have all ready met my target of supporting the same five primary schoolers as last year, I may look at another charity.

This card you see below was made in a real jiffy - except that the cat and flower stickers which are really 3D and cute had lost their sticking power so had to keep pressing them down with my fingers only to realize that the best way to have them stay on the card was to use glue. And they stayed after that. The fence is my new die from Wonder House, Japan and the washi tape at the bottom is from my stash. The clouds have been punched from a new punch as well. I know this card does not look scary enough for Halloween. Somehow I am not the scary card making types. Lol.
I am going to pop this card in the mail box in Aleeza's class. Yes, her teacher has made a mail box and has asked parents to drop in mail for the kids. What a nice way to revive snail mail...




Catch you later,

Monica

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

It's not scary but as cute as can be!!! Love the way you did the washi and that fence! Precious little kitties too. VERY cute!

Monica, that's absolutely wonderful about the order for cards! YEA!!!

Guess you'll be super busy now!
Also like the idea Aleeza's teacher has about the mail box for the kids!
Lynn

Sue said...

Hi Monica,not scary at all,but so cute.
Good luck with your card order x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Monica I like the little cats so cute!
Kevin xx

Cathy said...

Love the texture on your clouds Monica and the kitties are so cute! Great news about your card order! You'll be very busy now :) Cathy x

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica :)
What a cute card-just perfect for a child,hugs,Nessa xxx

Donna Ellis said...

how cute your little kitties are, Monica! Very clever with the black fence and black and white zig zags below! Love your little embellies! hugs, de

Merry said...

What a great card to use those stickers on. I bet Aleeza liked it. Congrats on those 30 cards....and amazing effort of making a good amount from card sales to help those kids.

Do What You Love said...

I love your embossed clouds and the little kitties - so cute! Look at the mouse getting away; let the kitties delight on the fish bones; so very cute Monica - you are so very clever, my friend. Love it! ;p

Skye said...

A cute Halloween card. I love the kitties and mouse. What a great way to do clouds, love the embossing. Great news about the new order