Wednesday 7 September 2016

I coloured the background here

Hello sweet peeps,

Here is a card that I wanted to post yesterday and could not find it in my iphotos. Well today, I did manage to. It is a new embossing folder (bought a few months ago) and I cannot remember the name. I sponged the flat side of the embossing folder with a Versamark stamp and see the result. I LOVE it because I am a big fan of cherry blossoms above everything else. 
At the bottom, the colouring went a bit fuzzy as it was my first effort at this. There is a way to close the embossing folder which I will master with practice. I saw this technique on Pinterest and fell for it. I have tried using distress ink stamp pads but the result is not as brilliant as this. 
The crochet ribbon tape is from my stash and the MS butterflies have been layered for more dimension. I went sentiment free to aid the sale of this card. A part of me wants to keep this card for life, though.




I will enter this card in the following challenges:
http://ttcrd.blogspot.sg/ - anything goes


Happy crafting,

Monica 

9 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely and timeless, Monica! I have not tried this technique either because I keep thinking that dye base inks will bead up, and not make a good image. And then I get lazy, thinking it will be difficult cleaning pigment ink off - oh dear - it boils down to being lazy I think - and I'm posting it to the world on your blog! LOL

Truly beautiful, and now I am inspired to try it, too!

Hoping you enjoy a great week! love, de

Janis Lewis said...

Very pretty! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting.
~DT Janis

Jean said...

A pretty card Monica, I love the beautiful Embossing folder.
Jean x

Bea said...

Hi Monica
lovely card. I hve had mixed results with this techniquw too but will persevere. I am sure tht Tim Holtz has a video somewhere on you tube showing it. :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the vibrant colour on this card Monica - it's beautiful all over!
Blessings
Maxine

StirYourCreativity said...

Stunning colors and the card looks absolutely amazing.

Doreen said...

Love the colours.Thanks for sharing with us at Sunny Day Crafting.xxx

Merry said...

This is a lovely embossing folder and the inked background really makes the flowers pop. Lovely card.

Monika Reeck said...

I love to do this too
coloring my embossing folder with distress ink and lay down a white paper
the result is not bad for the first time Monica
love that rich blue color
and the added of the lace ribbon is sweet
nice butterfly sponging too
hugs
Monika