Friday 28 October 2016

Upcycled card

Hello sweet bloggers,

I was away to a beautiful island in Kota Kinabalu in Malaysia as it was autumn break and I fell in love with watching sunset every day while we were there. I realized that each sunset I watched was different from the other and it had me totally mesmerized. For some reason my phone and camera are not relating well with each other so I am not able to download photos. I will certainly send you photos when I succeed in downloading them.

This card was made a while ago and it looks quite nice in real life. The colours match quite nicely when I look at the card and yet in the photo the card stock looks so yellow. The roses have been up cycled and I actually got them from the newspaper. The sentiment is embossed and I have sponged it with distressed ink and stuck it with 3D foam dots. The card stock has also been sponged to give it character and that is pretty much it.


I will submit this card for the following challenges:
http://cleanandsimpleonsunday.blogspot.sg/ - flowers
http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.sg/- anything goes
http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.sg/ - scraps/cutoffs



It is such a relief that it is Friday today.


Happy crafting,

Monica 

7 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Monica! GORGEOUS card! Lovely colors and shading, I especially like your sentiment! hugs, de

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely card Monica - I love those flowers and how you have used them - the sentiment panel is wonderful too.
So glad you had a wonderful holiday :-)
Blessings
Maxine

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Monica, I like the flowers and the design
Kevin xx

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful. Yeah for upcycling!

Keti's Projects said...

Great use of Scraps. Beautiful card. Perfect for our Challenge at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

Bea said...

Hi Monica - glad you had a lovely break - I am off to Vietnam in 10days and looking forward to it.. Love your card. :)

Monika Reeck said...

Happy to read you have a nice sunset time Monica...oh I love that purple flowers adorable combo with yellow...elegant card Monica...luv this